- Current Practice Services include:
- Ante-natal and Post-natal care
- Childhood Immunisation
- Paediatric Assessments
- Family Planning Services
- Well Woman Screening
- Cardiac Disease Prevention
- Chronic Disease Management Programmes
- Travel Advice/Vaccination Service *
- Smoking Cessation Advice (Via SmokeFree service – speak to your Pharmacist)
- Exercise Advice / Referral
- Weight Reduction Advice / Referral
* Please note – patients requesting travel advice 4 weeks or less before departure date should contact:
Brownlee Travel Clinic
1055 Gt. Western Road
Tel: 0141 211 0286
Opening Hours: Tuesday mornings from 9.30am – 12.30pm.
The Glasgow Breast Screening Unit offers breast screening to woman aged 50 – 65 years on a three-year rotational basis. Women in this age group will receive a letter encouraging them to take up this offer. Women older than 65 will not be invited by letter, but can self-refer by telephone.
Practice Nurse Services
The Practice Nurse is available for all general nursing duties such as dressings, stitch removal, injections, routine blood tests and ear syringing. In addition she also runs the following services:
- Well Woman
- Asthma Clinic
- Diabetic Clinic
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Blood Pressure Clinic
- Chronic Disease Management
District Nursing Services
District Nurse (0141-300-1218)
The District Nurse Team provide nursing services for patients who cannot come to the Surgery.
Health Visitor Services
Health Visitor – (0141 200 1240)
The Health Visiting Teamwork from both the Practice and Clarkston Clinic providing advice and care mainly for babies and young children.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 0141 644 2356.